April 15th & April 16th 7:30 am - 4:15 pm
This event offers
CE accredited by ANCC-- the total number of credits will depend on how many events you attend.
Space is Filling up for the 2013 Minnesota Hospice & Palliative Care Conference!
Be guaranteed a spot at the 2013 Minnesota Hospice & Palliative Care Conference! We strongly encourage you to register early to ensure you can attend the breakout sessions of your choice (we will be checking for name badges at the doors for breakout sessions that are full).
We have a lot of exciting things happening at the conference - check out a short synopsis!
- Sunday, April 14, 2013 pre-conference speaker for the Florence Schorske Wald Lectureship in Palliative/Hospice Care, Judith Paice, PHD, RN speaking on Cancer Pain: Current Challenges and Breakthroughs
- Taren Sterry bringing her one-woman play from New York to Minnesota performing 180 Days during the evening of Monday, April 15, 2013 (registration for this performance is separate from your conference registration)
- Monday, April 15, 2013 keynote speaker, Ira Byock, MD speaking on Providing "The Best Care Possible" Through the End of Life
- Tuesday, April 16, 2013 keynote speaker, Father Nick Mezacapa presenting Keeping it all in Perspective
- Continuing Medical Education (CME), American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) contact hours and Social Work and Nursing Home Administrator CEUs will be offered (depending on how many days you attend you could earn up to 13 CME, ANCC or CEUs)!
- World-Class Jazz/R&B Singer and Radio Host Patty Peterson singing in the DoubleTree Hotel 1st floor lounge later in the evening on Monday, April 15, 2013