Happy National Nurses Week!
Happy National Nurses Week!!! Thank you for the work you do!
Some upcoming highlights for all HPNA members:
- HPNF Board of Directors has increased the number and amount of some of its 2013 scholarship, grant and award opportunities.
- Applications and nominations are currently open for Round 1 of these scholarships, grants and awards for professional development.
- Chapter Education Grants are among the applications currently open.
HPNA MEMBER NEWS FROM HPNF
A. Chapter Education Grants - 6 available, applications open NOW!
The application period is open for the ever popular Chapter Education Grants. Grant awards are up to $500 each. Applications, specifying your Chapters intended project, are due by email or fax by June 1st. Up to 6 Chapters will receive grants. Winners will be announced at the Saturday dinner of Leadership Weekend. Also at Saturday’s dinner, the grant recipients from last year will make presentations on their projects for which they used last year’s grant award monies. Click on Chapter Education Grants for the application.
HPNF continues with its tradition of awarding chapters with Starlite, One Star, Two Star, Three Star and Butterfly recognitions. What a fabulous way to be involved in the enhancement of HPNF scholarships, grants and awards! I’m inviting you to encourage participation by your chapter membership and to make a gift to HPNF! Click on Star & Butterfly Recognitions for more information. Recognition levels for gifts during the period July 1, 2012 thru June 30, 2013 are the following. Please note that your chapter can receive recognition both for the amount of its gift to the Foundation, Star Chapter award, and for 100% participation of your membership, Butterfly Chapter award.
- Starlite Up to $99
- One Star $100 to $249
- Two Star $250 to $499
- Three Star Over $500
- 100% of Chapter Membership made personal gift to HPNF
HPNF Board of Directors has increased scholarship, grant & award offerings for 2013! Increases are in the number of offerings as well as award amounts! Specific changes:
- 2 Doctorate Level Education Scholarships at $3000 each!
- 2 Master's Level Education Scholarships at $2000 each!
- 1 Bachelor's Level Education Scholarship at $1500!
- 1 Associate Level Education Scholarship at $750!
- 10 Scholarships for Registration to the 2014 AAHPM/HPNA Annual Assembly in San Diego!
- GOLD SPONSORSHIP of 2013 HPNA Clinical Practice Forum, Integration of Palliative Care Concepts: Neurological Conditions
TOTAL SCHOLARSHIPS, GRANTS & AWARDS FOR 2013 IS 45! Click here for full listing of opportunities.
19 Scholarships, Grants & Awards (additional to the 6 Chapter Education Grants above) are accepting applications and nominations now! They include:
1 Research Grant with the purpose to seek the impact of certification within the research topic that pertains to palliative care. The grant award is $15,000.
6 scholarships available (preference 1 at each level of CHPNA®, CHPLN®, CHPN®, CHPPN®, ACHPN®, CHPCA®) for the reimbursement of December 2012 and March 2013 NBCHPN® certification and re-certification fees, with the purpose to support nurses and administrators who have demonstrated and validated their expertise as specialists.
5 scholarships available to the 7th Annual HPNA Clinical Practice Forum to be held in October 2013, Integration of Palliative Care Concepts: Neurological Conditions.
6 scholarships available with the purpose to support nurses who are advancing their career through academic achievement:
- 2 Doctorate Level Education Scholarships at $3000 each
- 2 Master's Level Education Scholarships at $2000 each
- 1 Bachelor's Level Education Scholarship at $1500
- 1 Associate Level Education Scholarship at $750
1 Award, in accordance with a grant from the Project on Death in America by the Open Society Institute, to a nurse who has emerged as a leader in palliative care and whose work is improving care for dying patients and their families. $750 award and expenses to the 2014 AAHPM/HPNA Annual Assembly in San Diego, CA.