MN HPNA Election 2015, We need you!
November 16, 2015
Dear HPNA Chapter members,
Next week, our Chapter will hold its Board Officer election for the upcoming year. Holding a Board Officer position is a great opportunity to develop and refine leadership skills as well as promote the field of palliative nursing.
The open positions and length of time in office are as follows:
- President (1 year): assumes the primary leadership, conducts the meetings and usually serves as the contact person for the HPNA National Office and District Leaders
- Vice President/President Elect (1 year): assists the president with his or her duties. This person also conducts meetings if the president is absent.
- Secretary (1 year): keeps written records of meetings and assists with correspondence.
- Treasurer (2 years):records and tracks income and expenses of the local group (Secretary & Treasurer roles may be combined)
We are looking for interested, enthusiastic individuals ready for a new and exciting opportunity.
Candidate qualifications for the open positions in this election are as follows:
- HPNA voting member
- National Board for Certification of Hospice & Palliative Nursing (NBCHPN) certification preferred
- Current chapter member
If interested or have further questions, please contact Beth Werner MS, RN, CHPN, CHPCA Board President or email by Beth.A.Werner@healthpartners.com.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Beth Werner MS, RN, CHPN, CHPCA